Sunday 21 April 2013

Cold Relief, Searching for the Best Hot Toddy Recipe


Dr. Pat's Hot Toddy Cold Remedy. Photo by Kristine at Food.com
Hot Toddy

I have never actually made myself  a hot tottie, but after listening to a close friend of mine swear it helps, I thought I would try one. At this point I will try anything to find relief from this nasty cold.
The recipe I will try follows;

Directions:

  1. Place the whiskey in a large microwave safe mug.
  2. Add the honey.
  3. Pour the hot water into the mug over the spoon you used for the honey to get off the last little drops.
  4.  Add the lemon juice and stir well.
  5. Place the mug in the microwave for 1 minute or until it is piping hot, but not boiling.
  6. Add the lemon slice and serve.
I would love to hear of any other tried and true cold remedy recipes as I could use all the help I can get.
Bottoms Up!


7 comments:

  1. My mom always makes a tea using chunks of fresh ginger, lemon and honey. It's pretty good. There's a lot of truth to chicken soup too. Real chicken broth is packed full of tons of healing things. The fake stuff.. no. Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank-you! The ginger sounds like it may do the trick. Homemade chicken stock was thankfully in the freezer. What kind of tea did your mom use? Plain orange pekoe or something else?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you over from Christine's blog. Welcome to the blogosphere, from another city-liveing-turning-Manitouliner as of this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. living, not liveing......not enough coffee yet!

      Delete
    2. Woooo hoooo! Can't wait, Erin!!! :)

      Delete
    3. Just read this now. I my gosh I am slow. Thanks for reading, and I hope the move went well.

      Delete
  4. Hi..... I found you through Christine's blog.... always looking for more Canadian blogs. So I now follow you with feedly. I am looking forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete